Procurement Officer at Creative Associates InternationalOct 11, 2017
Creative Associates International is recruiting for fulltime Procurement Officer (Local Nationals).
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer (Local Nationals)
- The North East Nigeria Transition to Development program (NENTAD) aims to deliver an effective response to the basic needs of vulnerable people impacted by the crisis in the north east of Nigeria.
- The Education in Emergencies component of NENTAD will focus on addressing immediate needs by providing education support to conflict affected children and adolescents, while contributing to the learning on what is needed to support early recovery and transition to development. In order to achieve this output, we will support up to two projects that include well-targeted, innovative, and results-oriented activities.
- The Procurement Officer is responsible for assisting with all facets of the day-to-day procurement requirements for a busy international development office.
- The scope of the position includes but is not limited to completing procurement-related paperwork, collecting quotations for goods and services, entering procurement information into the project database, managing inventory and conducting spot checks, completing inventory receipts and preparing payment requests.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position reports to the Education Team Leader and will supervise the Procurement Assistant.
- Ensure the procurement process strictly follows Creative and USAID rules and regulations.
- Maintain a file system for procurements to allow for efficient documentation and process audits and maintain the privacy of grantees and vendors.
- Maintain files, including: proposal, evaluation, award documents, official contracts and correspondence of all procurements, following policy and local law.
- Assist with preparation of Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team. Ensure presentation of sufficient selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery, and transparency.
- Prepare requests for quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Work with vendors of goods and services to ensure quality.
- Assist with invitations to potential vendors to compete offers for the purchase of goods or services including under grants, either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanism that ensures high standards of transparency.
- Participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations.
- Process procurements according to rules and regulations.
- Maintain strict control of budgets, and financial expenditures.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including, such as delivery receipts.
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation of related expenses under grants.
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operations procurements, including the projection of related expenses and verify deliveries are complete and timely.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally-funded programs.
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated logistical issues.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Verbal and written working proficiency in English.
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions.
- Willingness to travel extensively in northeast Nigeria, including to remote and/or insecure locations.
- Only finalists will be, please contacted. No phone calls.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV/Resume with the subject line "Procurement Officer EIE"
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to CreativeNigeriaRecruitment@gmail.com
About Creative Associates International
...Know More about Creative Associates International
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts.Don't miss any opportunity. Get notified of new jobs
View original job page to apply. Click
Subscribe to our job alert to receive latest job vacancies by email.
Grants Officer at Plan International
6 days ago