Procurement Assistant at Creative Associates InternationalOct 11, 2017
Creative Associates International is recruiting for fulltime Procurement Assistant (Local Nationals).
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant (Local Nationals)
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Reporting & Supervision: The position reports to the Procurement Officer
- The North East Nigeria Transition to Development program (NENTAD) aims to deliver an effective response to the basic needs of vulnerable people impacted by the crisis in the north east of Nigeria.
- The Education in Emergencies component of NENTAD will focus on addressing immediate needs by providing education support to conflict affected children and adolescents, while contributing to the learning on what is needed to support early recovery and transition to development.
- In order to achieve this output, we will support up to two projects that include well-targeted, innovative, and results-oriented activities.
- The Procurement Assistant is responsible for assisting with all facets of the day-to-day procurement requirements for a busy international development office.
- In coordination with the Procurement Officer and Procurement Director, ensure that all goods and service procurement actions conform to internationally accepted procurement best practices and Nigerian law
- Assist in regular procurement system audits and regularly review and verify market prices for standard items.
- Assist with maintaining files, including: proposal, evaluation, award documents, official contracts and correspondence of all procurements, following policy and local law.
- Assist with preparation of Terms of Reference and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services, for contracts, acquisitions, and procurements, in collaboration with the program team.
- Assist with preparing requests for quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Assist with invitations to potential vendors to compete offers for the purchase of goods or services including under grants, either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanism that ensures high standards of transparency.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally-funded programs.
- Knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations.
- Strong communication skills.
- Verbal and written working proficiency in English.
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions.
- Willingness to travel extensively in northeast Nigeria, including to remote and/or insecure locations.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's/Resumes to with the subject line "Procurement Assistant EIE".
Note: Only finalists will be, please contacted. No phone calls. Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to CreativeNigeriaRecruitment@gmail.com
About Creative Associates International
...Know More about Creative Associates International
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts.Don't miss any opportunity. Get notified of new jobs
View original job page to apply. Click
Subscribe to our job alert to receive latest job vacancies by email.