Logistics Assistant at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)Oct 11, 2017
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is recruiting for fulltime Logistics Assistant.
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of children in need.
We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world. Tdh in Nigeria will implement projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
- The logistics assistant supports the logistician in implementing and supervising all logistical activities. In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out urgent activities and the filing and archiving logistical documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the logistician in his/her absence.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Management of Supplies:
- Update price lists and vendor databases
- Control Tdh purchase procedures
- Verify and process quote requests and purchase requests/purchase orders
- Compose and archive purchase folders
- Implement purchases, monitoring adherence to validation regulations and procedures
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored
Management of Vehicle Fleet:
- Assist in the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Draw up the vehicle schedule
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Assist in monitoring and consolidating fuel consumption and miles travelled for all vehicles
- Prevent misappropriation of petrol and spare parts
- Monitor the administrative documents for all vehicles
Management of Equipment/Telecommunications:
- Assist in installing and securing materials
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining materials
- Organize training sessions in the use of means of communication
Management and Monitoring of IT Equipment:
- Update antivirus software
- Provide teams with adequate means for data backup
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
Management of Stock/Premises:
- Supervise the maintenance and securing of warehouses
- Carry out regular stock checks and physical inventories
- Ensure/Supervise the basic maintenance of premises (office and guesthouse)
Human Resource Management:
- Assist in the recruitment process and in evaluating the members of the logistical team under his/her supervision
- Establish team schedules in conjunction with the logistician
- Ensure or assist with logistical training
- Good knowledge of purchase procedures in general.
- Previous relevant experience in a logistic function and preferably in an NGO
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office Pack (Excel and Word and computer sciences).
- Fluent in local languages and in English, (speaking/reading/writing).
- Knowledge of humanitarian actors/Good management and pedagogical skills
- with NGO' rules, procedures and regulations
- Work in relief sector
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Transversal skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized
- Motivated and dedicated this/her job
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their copies of updated CV's, Letter of Motivation and National ID card and reference contacts. The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be conducted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts.Don't miss any opportunity. Get notified of new jobs
View original job page to apply. Click
Subscribe to our job alert to receive latest job vacancies by email.