- Super Eagles battle Libya in the 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifiers in Uyo
- Coach Gernot Rohr's side have three points from two games after losing their first to South Africa
- A win for the three time AFCON kings will boost their chances of making it through to the tourney for the first time since 2013
Nigeria welcome Libya to the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium this weekend in their quest to qualify for the 2019 African Cup of Nations in Cameroon.
Having failed to qualify for the last two editions, the Super Eagles are condemned to win this encounter to boost their chances of participating in the football event next summer.
Coach Gernot Rohr's men got their qualifying campaign off to a losing start but bounced back with a 3-0 victory over Seychelles last month.
And they are ranked third on Group E table with three points - one behind joint group leaders South Africa and Libya.
READ ALSO: American rap artist Kanye West pledges support for Manchester United
Though, the Mediterranean Knights are coachless at the moment, the team still parade quality players that can help them stun Nigeria in the game.
1. Ahmad Benali - Currently pligh his trade with Italian Serie B side Crotone and has scored once in seven appearances for the club.
The 27-year-old joined the Pythagoreans from Pescara on loan in 2016 and later made his deal with the club permanent in 2018.
2. Hamdou Elhouni - The attacker plays for Portuguese topflight side C.D. Aves and has been impressive for the club.
Though yet to score a league goal this season, he created an assist in one of his four appearances for the club.
Since he made his loan move from Benfica permanent with his present club, he has scored one goal from eight matches.
PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'
3. Rabi Al-Shadi - The winger currently plays for Egyptian side Al Ahly and was said to have made an impact when his side battled South Africa in their last encounter.
These three are some of the few stars that could give the Super Eagles a run for their money when they eventually file out in Uyo this weekend.
The match is a must win for the Super Eagles as they currently ranked third on Group E table with three points from two matches.
NAIJ.com previously reported that Nigeria trained for their 2019 AFCON qualifier against Libya at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium.
Having beaten Seychelles 3-0 in their second group game away from home, the Super Eagles will be hoping they can build on that performance to see off the Mediterranean Knights on Saturday.
As it stands in Group E, the three time African champions currently sit third on the table with three points - one behind both South Africa and Libya who have four points apiece.
Nigeria News 2018 - John Mikel Obi's Father Was Kidnapped! - NAIJ.com TV