Ornamental Agro-Allied Enterprises Fresh Job Recruitment [5 Positions]Jan 12, 2017
Ornamental Agro-Allied Enterprises is a full-service agriculture firm offering professional farm management, Dairy Operation, livestock operations management, agricultural consulting. We have a practical understanding across the whole range of farming disciplines.
We are recruiting for suitably qualified candidates for immediate employment into the following vacant positions below:
Job Title: Assistant Agricultural Fieldman
- To work with the Manager Agricultural and Environmental Services in the implementation of Agricultural Service Board Programs and duties appointed by the company and assume the Managers responsibilities when the manager is absent for an extended period of time
- Facilitate the delivery of the Agricultural Services offered to the customers
- Direct and supervise the service board employees
- Plan and budget for programs
- Ensure the proper equipment is available and maintained
- Keep track of the loaned and rented units
- Control stocks of pesticides and sprayer repair parts
- Maintain a daily log of activities and accurate spray records
- Complete work orders on a timely Basis for invoicing
- Reports quarterly, annually and on special projects
- Coordinate these jobs between manpower, equipment, materials and time for everything offered
- On farm cattle weighing for herd records
- Sprayer calibrations and service / modification advise
- Shelterbelt trees (selection) receiving, distribution and planting
- Soil sampling – and fertility interpretation
- Seed plant emergency help
- Control weeds on public land
- Custom weed control on private land only if not in direct competition with locally offered services
- Identify weeds, pests, and diseases for the community
- Provide advice for suitable control of the above
- Maintain current information on modern farming techniques
- Order, maintain and use materials required for predator control under the authority of the Agricultural Pests Act
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or Diploma from an Agricultural College
- Two or more years experience in agriculture or the agricultural service industry
- A valid pesticide applicators license
- Excellent communications skills are required
- Being able to work with other agricultural groups is an advantage
- Competence in giving / taking directions and self-motivation is a benefit
- Computer literacy and advanced writing skills are required
Job Title: Front Office Manager
- Managing and training the Front Office staff
- Ensuring the front desk provides a professional and friendly service for guests
- Dealing with guests
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
- Degree or HND in any relevant act courses
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
- Function in an active & influential business advisory role with management in order to drive business results as it affects human resources.
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay- surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Maintain human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job performance.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource Federal & State requirements.
- Maintain professional & technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Demonstrates organizational and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to architect and drive change.
- Ability to influence senior management.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Must have a LL.B or B. Sc/ B.A in Social Sciences or related field. Professional certification in HR (such CIPM, CIPD, SHRM) is an added advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 2-5 years HR related experience.
- Must have in-depth knowledge about the operational needs of the Business; Business-driven with strong financial acumen.
- Must have a good knowledge of Human Resource Business Manuals, organizational development, talent management, performance management, workforce planning, retention strategies etc.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills.
Job Title: Crop Quality Supervisor
- Represent the Company interest on quality issues vis a vis 3rd parties or official authorities.
- Provide training program to farms quality specialists;
- Maintain all lab equipment and/or calibration of such equipment;
- Perform the compliance review and approval of all batch documentation related to quality of the goods;
- Outside of his/her Crop Quality Supervising duties, the employee will assist OA regional office management in other Operations and/or Productions issues.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or Diploma from an Agricultural College;
- Two or more years experience in agriculture or the agricultural service industry.
Application Closing Date: 5th February, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: [email protected]
Similar Jobs in Nigeria
View original job page to apply. Click
Subscribe to our job alert to receive latest job vacancies by email.