Ongoing Recruitment At Reputable Transport CompanyJul 17, 2017
Posted on :
A reputable Transport company in Lagos State, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Maintenance Manager
- To provide day to day hands-on supervision on a shift basis of the Maintenance Workshop staff to ensure sufficient, clean, safe and defect-free vehicles are available for service in line with Company Policies, Regulatory Standards and Statutory guidelines, deadlines and requirements
- To ensure that vehicles are serviced in accordance with departmental service standards.
- To ensure that pro-active planned maintenance is carried out on vehicles to prevent problems occurring.
- To ensure that the workshop housekeeping and operating practices are of a high standard and that special tools and equipment are well maintained
- To control and allocate the flow of work through the workshop to make the best use of staff, equipment and other resources.
- To ensure that engineering lost mileage is kept to a minimum and take appropriate, hands-on corrective action where required including carrying out mechanical repairs when required.
- To ensure that each vehicle has a full documented history of work carried out on it.
- To act as a technical expert in the Workshop, advising staff on tasks and sharing knowledge.
- Managing the overall function of the Mechanics Workshop
- Manage planned preventative and corrective mechanical maintenance on all of the company’s vehicles
- Diagnose, adjust, repair overhaul buses and trucks maintain and repair any type of diesel engines
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specification
- Allocating and supervising work on a daily basis to Mechanics team
- Ensure all log books, requisition books and departmental records are effectively maintained to enable stock control, ordering of parts and all other workshop functions operate efficiently.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Monitor, evaluate and determine priority of vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair projects; review the work of mechanics and other maintenance personnel to assure compliance with established standards, guidelines and procedures; direct off-site maintenance, repair and recovery functions for roadside vehicle malfunctions.
- Direct the service, repair, and preventive maintenance of all vehicles; develop, implement, and supervise preventive maintenance programs; periodically review repair work and procedures to ensure accuracy, completeness, and efficiency; recommend vehicles for replacement, prepare specifications, and arranges for auction or disposal as necessary.
- Monitoring progress and inspecting completed work to ensure the required standards are achieved by various units in workshop responsible for the task
- Undertake unplanned work resulting from breakdown and emergencies, which is to be dealt with in efficient manner (24 hour call out)
- Ensure that all parts and supplies are charged out to the proper repair order.
- Design Maintenance / workshop policy Manual
- Produce weekly, monthly and annual statistics and reports.
- A University Graduate with qualification in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent
- A master’s Degree would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience within a Diesel Engine Automobile workshop environment.
- A demonstrated leadership track record with ability to Manage skilled workers
- Demonstrated commitment to health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
- High level of integrity
View original job page to apply. Click
Subscribe to our job alert to receive latest job vacancies by email.