Medecins Sans Frontieres Ongoing RecruitmentJul 17, 2017
Posted on :
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Worker
Location: Port Harcourt
- The Operations Center Paris – OCP- Section of Medecins Sans Frontieres is recruiting for its project in Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Since 2015, MSF is running a clinic in PHC dedicated to victims of rape and Sexual Violence.
- MSF is offering medical care, psychological and social support to victims.
- All services provided by MSF are free and MSF ensures full confidentiality for every patient.
- In collaboration with and in support of the clinic teams:
- Provide for immediate personal and social needs of victims for clothing, food, transportation.
- Provide information to victims regarding available social services and assist in accessing those services.
- Arrange and then serve as mediator between a victim and her/his family.
- Deliver social work service in collaboration with other disciplines/agencies as required, in appropriate settings reflecting the needs of the victim.
- Assist in identifying and implementing the appropriate options for victim protection on a case-by-case basis, when needed. Plan, deliver and engage in protection interventions as appropriate with children, minors, families, groups and organizations.
Networks and Referrals:
- Develop, update and maintain a comprehensive social actor’s map of key networks, referral sources, protection and advocacy services and organizations.
- Develop and actively maintain up-to-date referral procedures with relevant service providers.
- Deliver social work service in collaboration with other disciplines /agencies as required, in appropriate settings reflecting the needs of the victim.
- Evaluate different social welfare providers by developing evaluation criteria, designing forms for use in evaluation and conducting evaluation of structures, on-site services or material. Provide written recommendations to MTL and PC.
- Liaise with MSF Outreach Officer regarding social actor mapping.
- Provide assistance for community based referrals from the outreach team, the outreach peer worker program and the outreach community volunteer program
- Formal, completed University Degree in social work will be preferenced
- Two years minimum in a similar social work position
- Experience working with NGO’s desirable.
- Excellent command of English language, both verbal and written.
- Essential, local pigin languages.
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative on projects and follow through with results.
- Demonstrated ability to be empathic with and treat others with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrates experience of applying evidence based practice.
- This recruitment is for 1 full-time positions on an indefinite contract.
- 208 working hours per month.
- Monthly Gross salary of 189,000 NGN (one hundred and eighty nine thousand Naira only) plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letters, CV’s and contact information to: [email protected] Or in person to the “MSF Administration Office in Port Harcourt (“Application Box” green box at the gate).”
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before the deadline above.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 17th July, 2017.
Similar Jobs in Nigeria
View original job page to apply. Click
Subscribe to our job alert to receive latest job vacancies by email.
Ongoing Recruitment at Axari Hotel & Suites
6 days ago