Management Sciences for Health Recruitment – Apply NowJul 17, 2017
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M&E Specialist, Health Informatics
Job ID: 13-9645
Reports To: Director, M&E
- The M&E Specialist, Health Informatics as a member of the MSH M&E team is to contribute to the attainment of overall project deliverables and mandate.
- Function as technical expert for project Electronic Medical Records [EMR], Electronic Health Records [EHR] and portable medical devices initiatives.
- Flesh out the upgrade of the MSH EMR/EHR platform.
- Ensure all the requisite data collection tools [PMM tools] are uploaded and active on the MSH EMR/EHR platform.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise for MSH DHIS operations.
- Build MSH staff capacity on the maintenance and management of the EMR/EHR platform.
- Develop a user-friendly user guide for the EMR/EHR platform.
- Develop an efficient and user-friendly data management and data storage system for the EMR/EHR.
- Maintain a log of lessons learned and best practices in relation to the project EMR/EHR platform.
- Submit comprehensive report on EMR/HER including accomplishment on mile stones.
- Ensure all the reporting features/modules [including new ones as may be determined by the content development team] are fully functional within the EMR/EHR platform.
- Ensure the EMR/EHR platform is inter-operable with and or meets NigeriaQual & NDR specifications.
- Develop portable medical devices as may be required by the project.
- Undertake any other Duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Project/Program: A362 – Nigeria Challenge TB
Reports To: Senior Technical Advisor, TB
- The Technical Advisor (TA) is responsible for providing direct technical assistance to national TB programs/MoH aimed at ensuring universal access to TB medicines through strengthening pharmaceutical systems1, supply chain2 management, management information systems, pharmaceutical services3, and providing technical leadership to donors and Global TB initiatives, such as the Global Fund (GF) and the Global Drug Facility (GDF).
- S/he supports Challenge TB and country programs portfolios and in-country teams in the development and implementation of technical activities ensuring their adequate contribution to Challenge TB results.
- S/he is the primary liaison between Challenge TB and the USAID Country Missions, Government counterparts, stakeholders, and partners involved with pharmaceutical management activities and/or implementing related programs in the countries and region. S/he supports measurement and documentation of portfolio results.
The Technical Advisor TB,PSM will provide overall technical assistance in collaboration with MSH TB Project Director, Principal Technical Advisor TB, MSH,Senior Technical Advisor, TB, National TB and leprosy Control programme(NTBLCP) of Nigeria and other stakeholders to:
- Identify and map key stakeholders and their contributions in the country’s TB medicines supply system, including both domestic and international.
- Establish communication with the NTP, MOH, key stakeholders, and inform of the activity purpose, vision, methodology, and desired outcomes.
- In conjunction with the local counterparts, collect data and maintain evidence of the countries’ TB medicines supply practices, such as related to: TB recording and reporting (data pertaining to supply management); inventory management; rocurement processes and lead-times (including MOH, GDF, TGF, etc); forecasting; quantification; supply planning; data flows and data collection tools; data quality assurance; early warning mechanisms for preventing stock-outs/wastage.
- Identify feasible interventions option aimed at strengthening the TB medicines supply system and improving access to TB medicines, discuss with stakeholders, develop a strengthening plan and have it endorsed by NTP and relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with NTP and key partners to develop SOPs for Quan TB as EWS; identify and train key users.
- Collect country data and forecast first and second line TB medicine requirements with NTP and key partner and document assumptions and get consensus from key stakeholders to finalize forecasting or quantification.
- Generate quarterly activity reports from QuanTB to inform NTP and other key in country partners about TB medicine status and proposed solutions.
- Work collaboratively and leverage funds with partners as needed to achieve desired outcomes.
- Introduce and support implementation of Quan TB as an Early Warning tool building on the existing country’s platforms, gain acceptance, develop capacity building plan with NTP and ensure Early Warning System (EWS) reports are produced in the GDF-QuanTB format).
- Under the leadership of the NTP, establish a coordination routine with the WHO , USAID, GDF Regional Supply Officers (RSOs), TGF and other partners to report country EWS data on the quarterly basis, communicate potential TB medicines problems and work closely with key persons to address problems.
- Establish a mechanism to monitor the TB medicines supply lead times(GDF, GF and MOH lead times) and communicate the performance to NTPs and partners involved in the supply system; immediately report noncompliance with the lead times to NTPs and partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in a Health-related field; Physician or Pharmacist qualification preferred.
- Specialized training and/or experience relating to pharmaceutical systems, management information systems, supply chain management or pharmaceutical services.
- Ability to use NTBLCP such as QuanTB & e-TB manager will be an added advantage.
- Experience with programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as the Global Fund, the Global Drug Facility.
- Ability to write lucid technical reports and documents in English is required.
- Competence in use of word processing programs required, and experience with spreadsheets and database applications strongly preferred.
- Relevant experience in the implementation of international and country TB revention, care, and treatment programs, strengthening of National TB programs, and experience with management of medicines supply and information systems for TB including pharmacovigiliance.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team spirit.
- Ability and availability to travel in-country and internationally 30% of time or more.
View original job page to apply. Click
Subscribe to our job alert to receive latest job vacancies by email.
Taxify Is Hiring – Apply Now!
5 days ago
NIBSS Is Hiring – Apply Now!
23 hours ago