Literacy and Numeracy Specialist at Creative Associates InternationalOct 11, 2017
Creative Associates International is recruiting for fulltime Literacy And Numeracy Specialist (Local Nationals).
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Literacy and Numeracy Specialist (Local Nationals)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- In partnership with IRC, Creative Associates intends to implement a twenty-month project under the Education in Emergencies (EiE) component of DFID’s North-East Nigeria Transition to Development Program (NENTAD) that aims to deliver an effective response to the basic needs of vulnerable people impacted by the crisis in northeast Nigeria.
- The EiE project will reach more than 100,000 children and adolescents in Borno and Yobe states with quality formal and non-formal education services, including literacy, numeracy, and social-emotional skills
- The Literacy and Numeracy Technical Lead provides technical guidance to the project’s support to improved literacy and numeracy instruction.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position reports to the Senior Consortium Coordinator.
- The Literacy and Numeracy Technical Lead will provide direct technical support to Education Officers.
- Work in collaboration with the technical team to lead the implementation of project activities to improve student literacy and numeracy competencies
- Provide expert guidance in the development of curriculum and materials related to the improvement of literacy and numeracy
- Conduct regular visits to non-formal learning centers and formal schools (tutoring program) to monitor issues, support implementation strategies and monitor progress towards improved learning outcomes
- Provide guidance and expertise to parental, community and government stakeholders in the development of literacy and numeracy improvement plans
- Provide technical support to LGA officials, CSO staff and Community collation members
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field
- Prior teaching experience in elementary or secondary schools
- At least two years of experience in the implementation of literacy or numeracy programs
- Experience training teachers on teaching literacy and numeracy
- Knowledge of current trends and research in literacy and numeracy and options for program development and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to work in culturally diverse community settings
- Professional proficiency in English
- Ability to travel to Yobe state for extended periods
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's/Resume.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to CreativeNigeriaRecruitment@gmail.com
About Creative Associates International
...Know More about Creative Associates International
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts.Don't miss any opportunity. Get notified of new jobs
View original job page to apply. Click
Subscribe to our job alert to receive latest job vacancies by email.
Intern Online Creative Writer at Poshbase
21 hours ago