Legal and Compliance Officer at RusselSmith GroupSep 14, 2017 • Law/ Legal
industry • Food Services / Hospitality / Hotels • Oil and Gas / Mining
category • Law/ Legal
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews, revises and initiates policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance scheme and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Monitors the day-to-day operation of the scheme.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g., Finance, QHSE & Government Relations) to ensure compliance to applicable statutory laws & regulatory requirements.
- Under the supervision of the Director, O&HPM, deals with personnel legal issues and consults with the external attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Assists with overseeing the system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Deputizes as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain and stay abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Director, O&HPM informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting (a) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and (b) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Reviewing and or drafting contractual agreements with employees, contractors, consultants, vendors and customers
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders.
- A university degree in law is preferred.
- Professional certification is an added advantage
- Experience: 2-5years
- Good people management and relationship skills
- Good presentation skills, team spirit, and project management skills
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Good reasoning skills and multi-tasking skills
- Familiarity with statutory laws and regulations is required
- Good communication skills (written/verbal)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- Understanding of business practices and corporate governance
- Possess diplomacy, meticulous, intuitive and attentive to detail
- Proficiency in applicable Microsoft Office Tools
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills
- Occasional travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is necessary. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Russelsmith Group
RusselSmith is an ISO 9001:2008 certified Asset Integrity Management Company, incorporated to serve the needs of the global Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry. Our value proposition to ou...Know More about Russelsmith Group
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts.Don't miss any opportunity. Get notified of new jobs
View original job page to apply. Click
Subscribe to our job alert to receive latest job vacancies by email.
Head of Legal & Compliance at Nokia Nigeria
12 hours ago
Head of Legal & Compliance at Nokia Nigeria
15 hours ago