Head of Maintenance/Workshop at A reputable Transport companyJul 17, 2017 • Engineering/ Technical
industry • Logistics / Transportation
category • Engineering/ Technical
A reputable Transport company in Lagos State, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Head of Maintenance/Workshop
- Managing the overall function of the Mechanics Workshop
- Manage planned preventative and corrective mechanical maintenance on all of the company's vehicles
- Diagnose, adjust, repair overhaul buses and trucks maintain and repair any type of diesel engines
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specification
- Allocating and supervising work on a daily basis to Mechanics team
- Monitoring progress and inspecting completed work to ensure the required standards are achieved by various units in workshop responsible for the task
- Undertake unplanned work resulting from breakdown and emergencies, which is to be dealt with in efficient manner (24 hour call out)
- Ensure all log books, requisition books and departmental records are effectively maintained to enable stock control, ordering of parts and all other workshop functions operate efficiently.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Monitor, evaluate and determine priority of vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair projects; review the work of mechanics and other maintenance personnel to assure compliance with established standards, guidelines and procedures; direct off-site maintenance, repair and recovery functions for roadside vehicle malfunctions.
- Direct the service, repair, and preventive maintenance of all vehicles; develop, implement, and supervise preventive maintenance programs; periodically review repair work and procedures to ensure accuracy, completeness, and efficiency; recommend vehicles for replacement, prepare specifications, and arranges for auction or disposal as necessary.
- Ensure that all parts and supplies are charged out to the proper repair order.
- Design Maintenance / workshop policy Manual
- Produce weekly, monthly and annual statistics and reports.
- A University Graduate with qualification in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent
- A master’s Degree would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience within aDiesel Engine Automobile workshop environment.
- A demonstrated leadership track record with ability to Manage skilled workers
- Demonstrated commitment to health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
- High level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills written and spoken English
- Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's stating the role "Head of Maintenance/Workshop".
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to email@example.com
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts.Don't miss any opportunity. Get notified of new jobs
View original job page to apply. Click
Subscribe to our job alert to receive latest job vacancies by email.
Maintenance Engineer at Westown Hotels
6 days ago