Finance Manager at Creative Associates InternationalOct 11, 2017
Creative Associates International is recruiting for fulltime Finance Manager (Local Nationals).
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager (Local Nationals)
Reporting & Supervision: The Finance Manager reports to the Chief of Party
- The Finance Manager will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- She/he will provide overall financial and accounting oversight and management for the Reacting to Early Warning and Response Data in West Africa (REWARD) project, funded by USAID/West Africa.
- This position will also be a liaison with the Creative’s HQ to ensure full compliance with regulations and policies about the implementation of effective internal controls and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
- Ensure that the project meets all USAID contractual requirements and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
- Provide financial oversight, including the maintenance and monitoring of the project budget, tracking the project expenditures and projections
- Manage financial systems, files, and maintain Creative’s online accounting system
- Liaise between Creative’s field and headquarters offices regarding project’s financial matters and all internal or external audit requests, as needed
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements.
- Manage, review and process payroll, invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and USAID’s policies.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses, accruals, and projections.
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining current project expense data.
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to Finance & Contracts for review and approval by the Controller
- Prepare monthly field expense reports, and report monthly expenses to HQ Offices
- Provide Project Director and the COP with project’s current financial status
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff.
- Travel to field location(s) as necessary and provide oversight to field office financial systems and processes if needed.
- Provide training and guidance to grantees, local partners, and beneficiaries, as needed
- Review and approve the financial close-out of program activities, and verify documentation and information is complete
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills & Qualifications:
- Required Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or relevant field. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Minimum of six 6 years of relevant work experience preferably with USAID-funded projects
- Experience with USAID project finances and budgeting (preferred) or similar work for other donors/U.S. Government agencies
- Competent in using computers and financial software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English required
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV With the subject line "Reward Finance Manager"
Note: Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to CreativeNigeriaRecruitment@gmail.com
About Creative Associates International
...Know More about Creative Associates International
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts.Don't miss any opportunity. Get notified of new jobs
View original job page to apply. Click
Subscribe to our job alert to receive latest job vacancies by email.
Finance Officer at Pathfinder International
5 days ago