Finance Assistant at International Finance Corporation (IFC)Jan 12, 2017 • Finance / Accounting
industry • NGO / International Agencies
category • Finance / Accounting
International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY15, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $18 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job #: 170046
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Stream: Financial Sector
Duties and Accountabilities
- Payments & Accounting
- SAP/Imprest Administration
- Processing timely payments to staff and vendors
- VAT filing and reconciliation (if applicable)
- Accounting for accruals and prepayments
- Payroll processing in SAP
- Financial assistance, rental advances to staff and clearance in PeopleSoft
- Journal adjustment entries
- Travel agency payments
- Review SAP Processing of PO’s
- Ensuring proper filing of all documents as per the record retention policyMonitoring & Reporting
- Monitoring and ensuring replenishment of funds in Imprest account as well as petty cash
- Preparation of monthly Imprest accounting report including bank reconciliation
- Preparation of monthly statement of assets and liabilities
- Providing ad-hoc reports at the request of the management (like travel, SAP profiles etc.)
- Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures to ensure Strong Scorecard
- Follow up for timely submission of SOE’sOther Responsibilities
- Controls and Knowledge sharing
- Providing expert advice and guidance to staff on accounting, policy theory and practice, recommending solutions to various issues
- Enhance controls and advise other Finance assistants in the region on best practices
- Knowledge sharing sessions with staff on Policies and procedures and ensuring these are communicated and implemented throughout the Regional department
- Liaison with Chennai: Imprest/Payroll/SRS/Travel audit/accounts payable/RM etc
- Liaise with Banks in connection with IFC Corporate account as staff salary accounts.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant, and a minimum of 2 years’ accounting experience in a corporate setting.
- Candidates holding a diploma or certificate who are officially pursuing an internationally recognized accounting of finance certificate (i.e. CA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, MIA) and who have at least 4 years of accounting or finance experience will also be considered.
- Strong analytical skills, capability to assess trends in financial performance under limited supervision.
- Sound knowledge of financial accounting and reporting, and of project costing.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of Microsoft Office applications; experience in ERP (preferably, SAP) is a significant advantage.
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and across different functions.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Candidate with experience working with the World Bank Group have a competitive advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
About International Finance Corporation (ifc)
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset management services to encourage private sector development in develop...Know More about International Finance Corporation (ifc)
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts.Don't miss any opportunity. Get notified of new jobs
View original job page to apply. Click
Subscribe to our job alert to receive latest job vacancies by email.