Assistant Project Engineer at Reckitt BenckiserJan 12, 2017 • Engineering/ Technical
industry • Healthcare / Nutrition
category • Engineering/ Technical
Reckitt Benckiser is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. Every day, across 60 countries, we work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and strive to find even better ways to give people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes.
We trust people in what they do and we give full accountability and autonomy to make things happen. That’s how we generate the game-changing ideas that built 19 iconic Powerbrands around the world, such as Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Project Engineer
Location: Agbara, Ogun State
Job Type: Full time
- Assists in the preparation of engineering proposals by translating identified business needs into conceptual designs and drawing up preliminary specifications to be shared with suppliers.
- Liaise with other Reckitt Benckiser site’s on existing best practices on proposed projects and ensure that all new projects meet Reckitt Benckiser best practice.
- Involved in putting together project budget costings for business decision making.
- Responsible for organizing contractor prequalification and tender exercises.
- Responsible for coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects.
- Responsible for interfacing with major 3P suppliers on designs, placement of orders and follow up on all project related orders.
- Accountable for successful completion of engineering projects.
- Responsible for project budget monitoring and trend tracking.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that all assigned personnel and contractors are coordinating their activities with other project participants ensuring overall delivery of entire project in full.
- Participates in contractor meetings and resolving interface issues between contractors on project issues.
- Responsible for ensuring that the requirements of contracts are satisfied in full by all contractors and suppliers.
- Ensure safety in execution during implementation phase of projects.
- Responsible for interfacing with the extended factory team; managing project works to ensure minimum disruption to regular site operations during projects.
- Responsible for preparing overall project work schedules and networks and forecasts.
- Preparation of monthly project status reports and change orders for management communication.
- Minimum B.Eng or HND in any field of engineering from a recognized institution.
- MSc in project management will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of construction and safety management.
- Minimum of two (2) years project management experience in a , preferably in an FMCG
- Must be proficient in the use AutoCAD.
Core Competencies & Skills:
- Communication and interpersonal relations
- Finance and budgeting
- Good and quick decision making
- Planning and organising
- Relationship management.
- Stress management
- Negotiating and networking
- Good judgement and analytical ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Leadership and teamwork
- Commercial awareness
- Project management
- Construction safety management
- Cost and budget Control.
- Good manufacturing practice
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's with the relevant position applied for as heading
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to Gloria.email@example.com
About Reckitt Benckiser Nigeria
Reckitt Benckiser Group plc (RB) is a British multinational consumer goods company headquartered in Slough, England. It is a producer of health, hygiene and home products. It was formed in 1999 by the...Know More about Reckitt Benckiser Nigeria
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts.Don't miss any opportunity. Get notified of new jobs
View original job page to apply. Click
Subscribe to our job alert to receive latest job vacancies by email.
Assistant Project Engineers at Reckitt Benckiser
Jan 11, 2017
Technical Project Engineer at FMC Technologies, Inc
Oct 26, 2016
Vacancy for Project Engineer at RusselSmith Group
Jun 16, 2016
Vacancy at Lafarge Group for Project Engineer
Feb 24, 2016