Accountant at Creative Associates InternationalOct 11, 2017
Creative Associates International is recruiting for fulltime Accountant (Local Nationals).
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant (Local Nationals)
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Reports To: The Senior Finance Officer
- The North East Nigeria Transition to Development program (NENTAD) aims to deliver an effective response to the basic needs of vulnerable people impacted by the crisis in the north east of Nigeria.
- The Education in Emergencies component of NENTAD will focus on addressing immediate needs by providing education support to conflict affected children and adolescents, while contributing to the learning on what is needed to support early recovery and transition to development.
- In order to achieve this output, we will support up to two projects that include well-targeted, innovative, and results-oriented activities.
- The Accountant will be responsible for working under the Senior Finance Officer to manage project expenditures and accounts.
- Manages day to day finance operations, including implementing Creative and USAID policies, procedures and systems, reviewing accounts payable documents for proper accuracy and completeness, and liaising with bank on all banking issues.
- Completes donor financial reporting, tracks spending, and supports the Finance and Administration Officer.
- Provides updated monthly cost reports and draft quarterly financial reports and monthly ad hoc reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information.
- Manages the process of clearing bills, payments, and vouchers from the Bauchi field office; and the transfer of project funds from the central account to field accounts.
- Works closely with the home office in Washington, DC to ensure reconciliation of monthly expense reports, and respond to any inquiries they may have.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in Education; advanced degree preferred.
- At least one to three years of relevant professional experience with an international or civil society organization, including direct implementation of education programming
- Expertise in accounting, finance or business administration.
- Knowledge of laws, accounting principles, USAID rules and regulations, and labor laws
- Excellent spoken and technical writing ability in English
- Good computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions
- Willingness to travel extensively in northeast Nigeria, including to remote and/or insecure locations
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's/Resume with the subject line "Accountant EIE"
Note: Only finalists will be, please contacted. No phone calls.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to CreativeNigeriaRecruitment@gmail.com
About Creative Associates International
...Know More about Creative Associates International
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts.Don't miss any opportunity. Get notified of new jobs
View original job page to apply. Click
Subscribe to our job alert to receive latest job vacancies by email.
Account Officer at Saroafrica International
5 days ago
Junior Accountant at Proten International
3 days ago