Correct Mistakes In JAMB Registration: Name, DOB, Courses, School, etc.
Here is how to correct or change your Name, Date of Birth, Institution (school), Subject Combinations and Courses after completing JAMB registration online. If you make a mistake while registering, don’t worry, you can change it later. Other data you can correct or change after submitting JAMB form online include change of gender, state and/or Local Government.
UPDATE: The window for correction UTME subjects combination is now available and closes by 10pm on Friday, May 12, 2017. Your exam date will now change, see details here.
Below you will see all the data you can change on JAMB portal and a summary of each. You will also be provide with the price you have to pay to get each correction or change done. Also, there will be a link to the page on JAMB website where you can change your name, DOB, school or course.
How To Correct Name, DOB, Course, School after Completing JAMB Registration
UPDATE: Here are series of Tweets from JAMB today on how to correct your data if you made a mistake while registering for 2017 UTME:
1. Candidates who made mistakes while filling their forms in the ongoing Registration can now make corrections for the following categories:
2. Correction of Name, Passport Photograph, UTME Subject Combination, Choices of Institution/Courses and Date Of Birth
3. 2,500 Naira would have to be paid to effect any of these corrections
4. Please be informed that 2017 UTME Registration ends Midnight tomorrow 5th May, 2017. There will be no extension!!!
5. Only Approved CBT Centres are allowed to make these changes. Payment can be done via Remita before proceeding to the Centres. Thank you
6. Exam dates remain unchanged. 13th May- 20th May 2017. We will notify you when your exam dates and centres are available.
PROCEDURE: Login to your profile on www.jamb.org.ng, on the dashboard, click on UTME Registration Data Correction to make payment. Change of UTME subject combination if free. Changes for Name, Course/Institution, Passport and Date of Birth are N2500.00.
Your 2,500 Naira fee covers for all the the changes. You do not have to pay per Change of category/data. Only Change for UTME subject is FREE!
Closing Date for Correction of Data
Candidates who want to change their JAMB registration data should note that the window for Data Correction closes 9:00pm tomorrow 6th May, 2017. Please take full advantage of this window.
NOTE: The steps explained below this can be done after the exam has been conducted or results released. You may disregard them for now until after exams.
It is important to note that not all these changes are available immediately and some can only be done much later on. For example, you can only do JAMB Change of Course/Institution after results of UTME have been released for checking.
For JAMB Change of Course/Institution:
This allows candidates to apply for a change of course or Institution immediately after the release of results. This service has a time lapse.
Price: ₦2,500; to change course/institution, click here.
JAMB Change of Name (Surname, Firstname or Last name)
This allows candidates to apply for correction of names where there are spelling errors or error in arrangement e.g. Surname, Firstname or Lastname.
Price: ₦2,500; to apply for JAMB change of Name, click here.
Change of “Date of Birth”
JAMB candidates can apply for correction of Date of birth. Supporting documents will be required. An indemnity form will be downloaded, printed, filled and submitted at Candidates Institution for Approval along with supporting documents.
Price: ₦2,500; to apply for JAMB change of DOB, click here.
Change of Gender after JAMB Registration
Candidates can request for change of Gender. Supporting documents may be required. An indemnity form will be downloaded, printed, filled and submitted at Candidates Institution for Approval.
Price:₦2,500; to apply for change of gender, click here.
Change of State and/or Local Government Area
Candidates can apply for correction of State/Local Government Area. Supporting documents will be required. An indemnity form will be downloaded, printed, filled and submitted at Candidates Institution for Approval.
Price:₦2,500; to apply for the change, click here.
For all these changes, the following is constant;
1. Go to JAMB portal at www.jamb.org.ng
2. As an existing users, simply type in your login details using your email address and password to sign in.
3. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
4. Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar.
5. Now choose the one you want to do e.g. Change of Name, Change of Gender, etc.
After clicking on each of the links above, do not forget to read the instructions on the respective page very well before proceeding with your change or correction.
We wish you the very best!!!